Subject: Re: Issue 50 of the NetBSD CVS Digest is out.
To: David Maxwell , Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Rhialto <rhialto@falu.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 04/10/2006 22:23:49
On Mon 10 Apr 2006 at 11:32:51 -0400, David Maxwell wrote:
> Keep in mind also that TNF signed an NDA in order to get access. While
> not stated in the NDA, my understanding is that Coverity wishes to protect
> some aspects of the technology from their competitors, and wide-open
> public access to the reports could conflict with that goal.

On the other hand, this closedness seems to be somewhat in conflict with
the openness of open source. Also, the apparent involvement of the
department for so-called "homeland security" [1] brings a certain taint
along.

See http://scan.coverity.com/ .

-Olaf.
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl        -- Cetero censeo "authored" delendum esse.