Subject: Re: Raid device not configured
To: Yoseff Francus <francus@yossi.com>
From: David Maxwell <david@crlf.net>
List: current-users
Date: 04/07/2006 22:05:21
On Fri, 07 Apr 2006, Yoseff Francus wrote:
> I had both raid1 and raid0 configured. THe motherboard on my machine died
> and I moved all the disks to another machine (both HP Pavillion). All
> the file systems on raid1 have come up but I cannot get raid0 to do so.
> All I get is:
>
> metsny#  raidctl -P /dev/raid0
> raidctl: ioctl (RAIDFRAME_CHECK_PARITY) failed: Device not configured

We'll need more information to help.

Which was raid0 set to autoconfig yes/no/root?

How many disks is this across?

When you look at the dmesg output, do you see all the disks that are
part of raid0?

When you view the disklabel on those disks, are the disklabels intact,
with RAID partitions?

If you don't spend energy getting what you want,
	You'll have to spend it dealing with what you get.
					      - Unknown