Subject: Re: Thinkpad X60 kernel issues
To: None <brandon@xcodes.net>
From: Thomas E. Spanjaard <tgen@netphreax.net>
List: current-users
Date: 04/06/2006 18:43:26
--------------enig311697846DA233F069EE8F1C

Brandon Lee wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have got a thinkpad x60 laptop and have tried to install NetBSD on
> to it.  Installation wise is working as per normal.  However, when
> booting into the OS, i did a dmesg and discover that all my networking
> devices aint working nor up.  I have tried to update to 6th April 06
> CVS sys and build the kernel via build.sh.  However the same thing
> stil happens(all devices are  stated as not configured).
>
> For the dmesg, kindly refer to the attachments.  Would appreciate any
> help and advice.
>
> --
> ./Brandon

For the ACPI stuff, I suggest you patch as described in the following
mail: 20060309182842.GA24844@srv1.rt.mipt.ru (
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-kern/2006/03/09/0034.html ). Regarding
the Intel network controller, it seems wm(4) doesn't support it yet, you
could try Dheeraj Reddy's em(4) instead (
http://users.ece.gatech.edu/~dheeraj/NetBSD/sys_em.tar.gz ). Good luck!

Cheers,
--
         Thomas E. Spanjaard