Subject: Re: panic with this morning cvs kernel (another one)
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org, tech-net@NetBSD.org>
From: David Young <dyoung@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/05/2006 11:49:18
On Wed, Apr 05, 2006 at 12:16:15AM +0200, Konstantin KABASSANOV wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've applied Dave's patch and I got this panic. It seems to be a little bit
> strange to observe that this panic appears in a ip6_input call while the
> packet is an outgoing one over this interface. I suppose it is due to the
> fact that packets on this interface are retrieved by libpcap for additional
> treatment...

AFAICT, it has nothing to do with libpcap.  ra_output() in rtadvd is
probably sending a multicast packet, which gets looped back to the
sending host.  We can guess what kind of packet it is, but please, find
out for us what kind of packet it is using tcpdump or rtadvd debug output.

You may be seeing another instance of the kernel mangling shared/read-only
mbuf storage.  As I look at nd6_ra_input and nd6_ns_input, I see them
use pointers returned by IP6_EXTHDR_GET() in improper ways.

Dave