Subject: Re: amd / am-utils in -current problem
To: Rui Paulo <rpaulo@fnop.net>
From: Markus W Kilbinger <mk@kilbi.de>
List: current-users
Date: 04/04/2006 18:43:31

    >> Is anybody using amd / am-utils in -current? Since several days
    >> they just hangup when trying to mount a nfs path (my amd config
    >> didn't change).
    >>
    >> Does anybody else see this?

    Rui> No. What do you mean by hangup ? Kernel hangup ? amd hangup ?
    Rui> DNS problems ?

Primarily amd hangups. Normally amd is started via /etc/rc.d/amd on my
machines. For the first use / mount it seems to work normally, but
then, after the first unmount I guess, the amd process vanishes and
further access to the amd managed paths just hangs. A restart of amd
just hangs up the whole session and blocks all further logins.

That's what I meant.

Markus.