Subject: Re: Resolving NForce4 ACPI issue - thanks
To: Frank G Logan, III <fglogan@wasabisystems.com>
From: David Brownlee <abs@NetBSD.org>
List: current-users
Date: 04/03/2006 19:40:09
On Mon, 3 Apr 2006, Frank G Logan, III wrote:

> Wasabi and AMD may be able to help here.  What exactly is desired to help
> Frank on this?  We can probably get a couple of Tyan boards and processors
> if someone can tell us which ones are best..

 	Well the goal was to get Frank an NForce4 based amd64 board,
 	dual core procssor, and memory, so he could debug the ACPI
 	routing issues and SMP issues directly. I have an order
 	placed which I'm quite happy to amend if wasabi want to
 	provide all or part of a system.

 	Wasaba had been a little quiet around here recently - I'm
 	very glad to see them more visibly offering to contribute
 	to NetBSD again :)

 	Note, the best person to answer these questions is Frank,
 	any suggestions I make are by their very nature based on
 	less knowledge.

 	Having said that, most of the NForce4 boards tend to be
 	939 socket based 4GB max consumer boards, which is why the
 	Asus A8N-VM - MicroATX, 4 SATA, gigabit ethernet & onboard
 	VGA. If you're picking something from Tyan then maybe the
 	Tomcat K8E-SLI would have some similarities.

 	After that a good larger memory capable board, maybe a
 	Tiger K8WE, with two procs and a good chunk of memory.

 	Though the best idea would be to send a mail direct to
 	Frank with a list of what you would be happy to provide,
 	which could be "One single and one dual core board from
 	http://www.tyan.com/products/html/opteron.html, the CPUs,
 	and a 12GB of memory"

 	If you are going to do this I would be extremely grateful
 	if you could manage to let me know reasonably quickly as
 	that could give me the option to amend my order slightly
 	to maybe get a different board or CPU combination to
 	compliment your selection.

 	Thanks again for the offer and continued support of NetBSD.