Subject: Re: [RFH] Teredo on NetBSD
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Rui Paulo <rpaulo@fnop.net>
List: current-users
Date: 03/30/2006 20:14:35
David Young <dyoung@pobox.com> writes:

> A few questions addressed to no one in particular:
>
> 1) Does anyone have makefiles for a reachover cross-build of Miredo?

What makefiles ? I don't know if you know, but Miredo is in pkgsrc
(currently only available for NetBSD 4.0 because I don't know how to
set a specific 3.99.x version ;)

> 2) Does anyone use Miredo on sluggish i386 embedded boxen, like the
>    Soekris net45xx?  How does it perform?

It shouldn't perform bad but all the relays that I tried were slow or
unable to reach several hosts. Maybe we need to wait a few more months
for the Teredo service to get a boost.

> 3) Has anybody the desire to write an in-kernel teredo(4) virtual
>    interface, perhaps as a Google Summer of Code project?

If there's a 2006 SoC I already have plans to propose teredo and ECN.
I don't know if we'll gain much from having an in-kernel teredo
virtual interface, though.

--
  Rui Paulo			<rpaulo@{NetBSD{,-PT}.org,fnop.net}>