Subject: Re: ieee1394 on -current
To: KIYOHARA Takashi <kiyohara@kk.iij4u.or.jp>
From: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 03/24/2006 21:39:36
On Sat, 25 Mar 2006, KIYOHARA Takashi wrote:
> My iPod was able to have been used last summer.  With gtkpod(1).  However,
> it is necessary for the test because it is not at hand now for several
> days.

Ah, status update: With both drives attach at boot, all is well. But it
appears on device removal/insertion, the bus is reset and the mount on the
other device hangs (ie, if I undock the iPod, FW enclosure hangs).

> Can you try bus rest (fwctl(8) -r) ?

Strangely enough, despite of this message I am still able to mount it. I'm
still experiencing the above issue, though -- not being able to hotplug
the iPod really sucks :( I suspect it would work fine on its own.

Cheers,
Jared