Subject: Re: ieee1394 on -current
To: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@wasabisystems.com>
From: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 03/24/2006 21:04:07
On Fri, 24 Mar 2006, Nathan J. Williams wrote:
> Does it actually not work if you try to read it? I see the same
> message when I use mine over USB, and it becomes ready when I actually
> invoke dd or mount or whatever (Also, use "eject sd1" to get the iPod
> itself to think it's safe to detach).

The 'drive is offline' message prevents me from being able to access it at
all. I've found though, if I unplug it and plug it back in, that sd0 (the
external FW enclosure) hangs.

At one point I was able to access it.. I don't know what I did
differently, but I could at least list files in /mnt/sd1. At this point
though, sd0 was hung so I rebooted. Then the iPod failed to attach. Back
to square one :/

I'll remember the 'eject sd1' tip for the future, thanks!

Cheers,
Jared