Subject: Re: cannot build -current from Solaris 10
To: Izumi Tsutsui <>
From: Garrett D'Amore <>
List: current-users
Date: 03/19/2006 13:34:27
Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
> In article <>
> wrote:
>> sys/cdefs.h is not guaranteed.  stdio.h *is* guaranteed.
> Agreed.
>> I don't understand why this change is controversial.
> Well, I don't object to including stdio.h instead of sys/cdefs.h,
> but maybe we should ask toolchain people on tech-toolchain
> or file a PR to punt it to a responsible person.
> ---
> Izumi Tsutsui

I found another (perhaps better) way.  *Some* of the code was checking a
#ifdef HOST_TOOL.

Some of the Makefiles weren't including it, and some of the code wasn't
checking against it.  I'm just making it more consistent now.  So
everything that is a HOST_TOOL for tn3270 will use it, and the whole
#include <sys/cdefs.h> (and the RCS macros) are wrapped in

#ifndef HOST_TOOL

I'm on my ~6th try trying to cross-build userland from Solaris 10 right
now.  tn3270 is really pissing me off.

General Dynamics C4 Systems
Phone: 951 325-2134  Fax: 951 325-2191