Subject: Re: cannot build -current from Solaris 10
To: Garrett D'Amore <garrett_damore@tadpole.com>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/19/2006 14:52:33
On Sun, Mar 19, 2006 at 11:49:08AM -0800, Garrett D'Amore wrote:
> Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
> >
> > I can assure you that userland has been cross-compiled, even semi-
> > regularly, within the past 8 years!  It is probably the case, though,
> > that nobody has tried to do so on Solaris.
>
> Sorry, I meant cross compiling from some host where the host OS !=
> NetBSD.  (Solaris in my case.)

So did I!  I know that developers have had occasion to do cross-builds
from, at least, Linux, Darwin, and FreeBSD.  There's even some work in
the tree that results form an effort to cross-build under Windows.  I'm
not sure how a problem like the one you're reporting could linger for
8 years, but certainly people really are cross building our tree.

--
  Thor Lancelot Simon	                                     tls@rek.tjls.com

  "We cannot usually in social life pursue a single value or a single moral
   aim, untroubled by the need to compromise with others."      - H.L.A. Hart