Subject: nfe, kvakmem wait, and arp_drain: locked; punting
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: David Maxwell <david@crlf.net>
List: current-users
Date: 03/15/2006 11:42:13
As a datapoint, for me, doing large file transfers from a server using
the recently imported nfe(4) driver, leads to a hang.

The network processes are stuck in kvakmem wait state. So are things
like login.

Around the time of the hang, and one more since, the console shows:

arp_drain: locked; punting

I'd hazzard a guess that there's an mbuf leak in nfe(4), though I don't
have KMEMSTATS enabled in this kernel to check yet.

--
David Maxwell, david@vex.net|david@maxwell.net --> Mastery of UNIX, like
mastery of language, offers real freedom. The price of freedom is always dear,