Subject: Re: X11 logs fill disk
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: current-users
Date: 03/12/2006 13:17:48
--NY6JkbSqL3W9mApi

Holger Rasch <Holger.Rasch@Informatik.Uni-Oldenburg.DE> wrote:
>=20
> On Tue, 7 Mar 2006, Jan Schaumann wrote:
> [...]
> >visiting a website with firefox causes X to spin out of control and log
> >
> >_XSERVTransSocketUNIXAccept: accept() failed
> >
> >in the logfile.  It will continue to log thousands and thousands of
> >these until eventually the disk is full.
> >
> >Has anybody else seen this?  I have not yet found a way to reliably
> >reproduce this, but it is happening often enough to be a severe problem
> [...]
>=20
> When I had problems with the above error msgs filling my /var,
> I simply raised the 'nofiles' limit for the X server. I think
> the problem occurs with clients using lots of true-type fonts,
> since most of the open file descriptor of the X server were
> some of these fonts when the error occurred.

Thanks, I'll give this a try.  Now if only I had a sure way of
reproducing the problem, then I could more reliably test this instead of
adding it, noting it somewhere and a few weeks or months down the road
remember to say ``oh, yeah, looks like that problem went away, maybe''.

-Jan

--=20
If you can read this, you're not the president.

--NY6JkbSqL3W9mApi

--NY6JkbSqL3W9mApi--