Subject: Re: creating E0 partition with fdisk
To: Milos Negovanovic <milos.negovanovic@googlemail.com>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 03/11/2006 20:08:52
On Sat, Mar 11, 2006 at 02:38:04PM +0000, Milos Negovanovic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> whatever I try to do I can not create E0 partition (first logical in
> extended) with fdisk. Partition E1 gets created and E0 is always shown
> as "UNUSED". This is a bug or a feature?

It doesn't do it when I try....

Creating the 'Extended partition' (sysid 15) creates (what is reported
as) E0 as empty. Creating another ptn (or modifying E0) and giving it
the base address defaulted by fdisk updates E0.

Possibly something to do with cylinder alignment?
(The code tries to enforce the track size gap at the start of each
extended partition).

The output of 'fdisk -vvv' might show the problem.

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk