Subject: Atheros tweaks
To: NetBSD-current <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Marcin Jessa <lists@yazzy.org>
List: current-users
Date: 03/08/2006 17:43:42
Hi guys.

I created an image with NetBSD which will run on WRAP boards
for a buddy who runs an ISP. The WRAP boards are small embedded devices
(www.pcengines.ch) and will act as wireless clients.
He wants to connect to access points over longer distances - more than 10 miles.
I think he uses StarOS now or RouterOS for the same purpose.
The system works pretty damn well in my lab but the distance is of course pretty short here.
My question is how to adjust atheros to work flawlesly on long range links?
What sysctl values would need to be tweaked ?
I am using NetBSD 3.99.16 and ath HAL version is 0.9.16.13

Cheers,
Marcin