Subject: Problems with USB keyboard
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Mark Kirby <mark@coris.org.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 03/02/2006 16:47:20
Hi,

I have a P-ACTIVE wireless usb keyboard and mouse and it is nothing short of
problematic under NetBSD.

NetBSD detects it as:

uhidev0 at uhub0 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0
uhidev0: G-Tech CHINA USB Wireless Mouse & KeyBoard V1.01, rev 2.00/0.20, addr
2, iclass 3/1
ukbd0 at uhidev0
wskbd0 at ukbd0: console keyboard, using wsdisplay0
uhidev1 at uhub0 port 1 configuration 1 interface 1
uhidev1: G-Tech CHINA USB Wireless Mouse & KeyBoard V1.01, rev 2.00/0.20, addr
2, iclass 3/1
uhidev1: 3 report ids
uhid0 at uhidev1 reportid 1: input=1, output=0, feature=0
uhid1 at uhidev1 reportid 2: input=4, output=0, feature=0
ums0 at uhidev1 reportid 3: 3 buttons and Z dir.
wsmouse0 at ums0 mux 0

This is 3.99.15 i386.

The mouse is working fine. The problem is the keyboard doesnt seem to respond
to all keypresses. Most of the time you press a key and nothing happens other
times you press a key and 6 characters or more pop up as if you have held the
key down. It does this at the console and in X.

Just now i tried to switch from X to the console and it refuses to do it.
I am just getting

usl_detachtimeout
usl_detachack: not detaching

everytime i attempt it.

Could someone offer a solution or some debug hints (that don't involve using
ddb as the keyboard wont work even though i removed the relevent bits from my
kernel config). I have tried a USB_DEBUG kernel but nothing shows up.

This is really annoying and it will be a long time before i can replace the
keyboard for something that does work.

thanks

Mark
--