Subject: SDL wscons driver
To: None <>
From: Jared D. McNeill <>
List: current-users
Date: 02/28/2006 11:59:55
Hey folks, I've been playing with SDL a bit. Managed to get it to play
video via mplayer at 1024x768x16 with vesafb. I haven't made any formal
patches yet, but here's some stuff to play with:

Package for i386 -current:
My pkgsrc build tree (sorry for the mess, it's a WIP):

To explicitly use the wscons driver, set the SDL_VIDEODRIVER environment
variable to ``wscons''. To override the default device that the wscons
driver opens for video (you shouldn't need to do this), set

There's still some work left to do though:
   1. Make it talk to wskbd/wsmouse.
   2. Add a wsdisplay ioctl to get the hw device's rgb mask.
   3. Support paletted colour modes (ie 8bpp).