Subject: Re: Dallas semiconductor "one-wire" and envsys(4)
To: Jeff Rizzo <riz@tastylime.net>
From: Thomas Runge <coto@core.de>
List: current-users
Date: 02/27/2006 09:34:28
On Sat, 25 Feb 2006, Jeff Rizzo wrote:

> I'm currently working on a driver for one-wire devices (such as the
> DS18B20 temperature sensor) which attaches to gpio(4), and I'm wondering
> if anyone else would find this useful - my intended usage is to hook up
> a bunch of these devices to a soekris 4511 to monitor various stuff
> around the house.

I count myself as a moderately competent hobbyist and I got digitemp
working on NetBSD a year or so before. As you I wanted to connect
the sensor(s) to my Soekris' GPIO lines and setup a small webserver
serving the temperature beside my webcam picture. Unfortunately this
project lost priority over other projects, but I'm definitely interested
in getting this working. Please do! :-)

--
Tom