Subject: Re: NetBSD iSCSI HOWTOs
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Ray Phillips <r.phillips@jkmrc.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/27/2006 17:48:25
>I think there are a lot of RAID users out there who aren't familiar with
>buzzwords like ``The RAID5 Write Hole''...

I'm afraid I'm one of those.  Could you elaborate on that please
Miles?  Googling for the term didn't turn up much.

At the risk asking a dumb question, I suppose using iSCSI to access
disks across a network gives better performance than NFS or SMB/CIFS?
What sort of increase in speed could be expected?

Are there other ways to restrict access to a NetBSD iSCSI target
apart of listing the IPs initiators may have in /etc/iscsi/targets?
Perhaps somehow using samba to authenticate users?

Ray