Subject: Re: Noisy wm output during boot
To: None <>
From: Juergen Hannken-Illjes <>
List: current-users
Date: 02/24/2006 15:10:30
On Fri, Feb 24, 2006 at 02:49:11PM +0100, Bernd Ernesti wrote:
> Hi,
> [cc'ed to Jason because I saw some aprint changes in the source-changes
> mails.]
> Something must have changed in -current during the last 2 weeks, so
> the wm driver outputs now the following lines (taken from
> /var/run/dmesg.boot with comparing the wscons scrollback):
> boot device: wd0
> root on wd0a dumps on wd0b
> root file system type: ffs
> [rc.d output]
> [at the end of the 'Configuring network interfaces:' line from /etc/rc.d/network]:
> wm0: link state changed to DOWN

You are looking for sys/dev/mii/mii_physubr.c, Rev 1.46 (joerg):

    Change the link status code in MII to use if_link_state_change instead
    of calling rt_ifmsg directly. This allows other parts of the kernel
    to change the behaviour depending on the link state and is a
    prerequirement for CARP.

Juergen Hannken-Illjes - - TU Braunschweig (Germany)