Subject: Re: Splash screen boot HOWTO
To: Bob Lee <bob@bobleeit.net>
From: Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4@gmail.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/23/2006 22:56:04
2006/2/23, Bob Lee <bob@bobleeit.net>:
> Sorry if this is an inappropriate post, but I just got a nice new (to
> me) 21" monitor. I spend most of my time in the console. I would like
> to 'pretty' up the console, perhaps using a more suitable font -- will
> the vesafb allow me to do anything? I seem to remember that I could
> control the fonts in a limited way a while back using the pcvt driver.
> I am currently running i386 current. Thanks a million.

I don't know about how to control the fonts with the vesafb, but if
you spend your time at the console, have no problems reading small
fonts and like to have large window - then I guess COLUMNS=3D175
LINES=3D65 is good enough (see before - 1400x1050)... The scroll is slow
on my laptop, though, and the colours look skewed - what I would
expect to see as white appears brownish.