Subject: Re: Common Address Redundancy Protocol (CARP) on NetBSD
To: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@lothlorien.nfbcal.org>
From: Liam J. Foy <liamfoy@sepulcrum.org>
List: current-users
Date: 02/22/2006 18:04:49
On 09:55, Wed 22 Feb 06, Brian Buhrow wrote:
> 	Hello.  I've read that OpenBSD's CARP implementation has been ported
> to NetBSD userland, but I can't seem to find it in any of the package
> sources, nor do I find a lot of informationin the NetBSD mailing lists.
> Could someone elaborate a little further about the state of CARP in NetBSD?
>
> -thanks
> -Brian

Yes, it has been ported by myself (with debugging and testing assistance
from Joerg and Jeff Rizzo). We're awaiting on core@ to resolve an issue
we have (check tech-net@netbsd.org).

After this has been resolved we'll role the first patch out. I've been
using it for a while now without any issues which is good news (using it
and hammering it).

If you have anymore questions, I'd be glad to answer them!

Cheers,
--
		Liam J. Foy
		<liamfoy@sepulcrum.org>