Subject: pthread assertion failure in mozilla
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: David Holland <dholland+netbsd@eecs.harvard.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 02/12/2006 21:51:39
Just now my mozilla process crashed with

   assertion "next != 0" failed: file "/usr/src/lib/libpthread/pthread_run.c",
        line 130, function "pthread__next"

It was idle at the time, in theory, and not even on the current
desktop.

There's some stuff in the mail archive, mostly from 2003, about this
assertion triggering when the thread system isn't fully initialized,
but mozilla had been running for several days and I doubt that's
what's going on.

This is with 3.99.15 (20060128) and mozilla-1.7.12nb2 from pkgsrc of
20060204, so it's all nearly the latest stuff.

While mozilla does crash fairly regularly, I don't think I've seen
it crash in libpthread before.

--
   - David A. Holland / dholland@eecs.harvard.edu