Subject: Re: Adsl and DHCP.
To: None <segv@netctl.net, current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Ghislain Garcon <gigi_8439@yahoo.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 02/10/2006 13:34:21
segv@netctl.net a écrit :

>On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 10:30:27 +0100
>Ghislain Garcon <gigi_8439@yahoo.fr> wrote:
>

>What's your network topology, i.e. is your NetBSD machine connected to ADSL
>modem? What kind of modem is that? How many DHCP servers do you run on your LAN?

The NetBSD is direcly connected to the modem. This modem is in fact an
ethernet bridge ( For more information :
http://support.free.fr/files/manufbx34.pdf but it is in french ).
I don't known how many DHCP server is there, there are hosted by the
Internet provider.

>Also can you provide the following information when Internet connection is
>working on NetBSD and when it's not working:
>
>cat /etc/resolv.conf
>ifconfig -a
>netstat -r

resolv.conf is always ok ( two nameserver given by the provider )

>When the Internet connection drops, does running '/etc/rc.d/dhclient restart'
>bring it back??

Sorry i'm not on my machine for now, i'll test it as soon as possible
and I'll give you the required informations.

Another thing, I remember that dhclient renew IP every 60 seconds...
it's very short, can i change it?

Thanks

Ghislain