Subject: Adsl Line and DHCP.
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Ghislain Garcon <gigi_8439@yahoo.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 02/08/2006 09:47:15
Hello,

    I'm using NetBSD 3 rebuild from a cvs checkout. I've an ADSL line
and the configuration is done with DHCP on an ethernet interface ex0. On
startup the DHCP configuration is ok. The dhclient renew the IP every
60s. Isn't too short?
Anyway, sometimes the ISP reset the line and after this, even if the
line is up, I can't acces to the internet (no ping, no dns resolution).
In the logs, I can see that the dhclient renew correctly the IP until
one time and then no message anymore.
If I stop the dhclient and restart it with "dhclient ex0", it seems to
renew correctly the IP but there is still no ping and no dns lookup. My
resolv.conf is ok, the dhclient.conf file looks good, it asks for Ip,
netmask, DNS and router.
Then if i restart the machine, everything goes right again until next
line reset.

Does anyone has an idea?

Thanks.

Ghislain