Subject: Re: groff updated to 1.19.2
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.org.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 02/06/2006 22:48:58
In article <3EC26C3C-3F3B-4151-9E04-176490BC1983@distal.com>,
	Chris Ross <cross+netbsd@distal.com> writes:
> Bash isn't part of the NetBSD core, so shouldn't be required
> by anything in the main source tree.

I did *not* say it is required. My guess is that it is picked up because
my NetBSD systems has "/bin/bash" (because I run a heterogeneous NIS
network).

> I was unhappy enough to determine that netpbm (in pkgsrc) now
> requires it.

There are IMHO much more annoying problems in "netpbm" e.g. useless
manual pages which point to web pages that look like manual pages.

> I don't want to have to install one more pkgsrc shell just because
> one pkgsrc package doesn't know how to write portable shell code.

If you know it send them patches why don't you send the fixes for
their shell scripts?

	Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                                  http://scheler.de/~matthias/