Subject: Re: groff updated to 1.19.2
To: None <>
From: Matthias Scheler <>
List: current-users
Date: 02/06/2006 22:48:58
In article <>,
	Chris Ross <> writes:
> Bash isn't part of the NetBSD core, so shouldn't be required
> by anything in the main source tree.

I did *not* say it is required. My guess is that it is picked up because
my NetBSD systems has "/bin/bash" (because I run a heterogeneous NIS

> I was unhappy enough to determine that netpbm (in pkgsrc) now
> requires it.

There are IMHO much more annoying problems in "netpbm" e.g. useless
manual pages which point to web pages that look like manual pages.

> I don't want to have to install one more pkgsrc shell just because
> one pkgsrc package doesn't know how to write portable shell code.

If you know it send them patches why don't you send the fixes for
their shell scripts?

	Kind regards

Matthias Scheler