Subject: Re: groff updated to 1.19.2
To: Matthias Scheler <>
From: Chris Ross <>
List: current-users
Date: 02/06/2006 17:33:28
On 6 Feb, 2006, at 5:23 PM, Matthias Scheler wrote:

> In article <>,
> 	Thomas Klausner <> writes:
>> I did a complete i386 build, but if I broke anything please let me
>> know.
> It uses "/bin/bash" (even under NetBSD) ...
> test -d /src/tools/man || /bin/bash /src/NetBSD-current/src/tools/
> groff/../../gnu/dist/groff/mkinstalldirs /src/tools/man
> .. which might be ok.

   Even beyond the installation into /usr during build, using bash
(esp. /bin/bash)
isn't a good thing.  Bash isn't part of the NetBSD core, so shouldn't
be required
by anything in the main source tree.

   I was unhappy enough to determine that netpbm (in pkgsrc) now
requires it.
:-(  I don't want to have to install one more pkgsrc shell just
because one pkgsrc
package doesn't know how to write portable shell code.  :-(

   Oops.  Ranting off-topic.

                        - Chris