Subject: Re: KDE build doesn't work on 3.0 ?? + other X11 / xsane questions
To: Marc Coevoet <marcsje@fulladsl.be>
From: Mark Kirby <mark@coris.org.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 01/30/2006 10:38:54
On Sunday 29 January 2006 19:57, Marc Coevoet wrote:
> It stops in qt3 libs while compiling qmake ...

It built fine here using current pkgsrc and current.

> It is unclear what the problem is..
> It does a cc and stops ..
>
> Real problem is I would like a more confortable env for settings like
> Monitor (1024x768 instead of the 640x480 now).
> Where are these settings ??

If you are using X included with NetBSD 3.0 then you are using XFree86. Your
configuration file should be in /etc/X11 if its not it will be
in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11 if i remember correctly (im using xorg).

To configure your X you can just do X -configure and X will do the work for
you. After its finnished it will tell you how to test the configuration. If
your happy with it copy it to the proper place.

If you would rather configure X yourself then look in /usr/X11R6/bin there
will be a program like xfree86cfg (i forget the name).

There are 2 of them. One is a text based  tool the other is a graphical one.

You should have /usr/X11R6/bin in your path.

Hope that helps :)

Mark

--
The NetBSD CVS Digest http://digest.coris.org.uk