Subject: Re: corss-building on osx
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.org.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 01/28/2006 10:57:37
In article <drb4si$mm4$1@sea.gmane.org>,
	christos@astron.com (Christos Zoulas) writes:
> We would like to be able to cross-build on "case preserving/case insensitive"
> filesystems, so if you find problems, please send-pr.

I think that is a lost cause.  You cannot even checkout the sources to
case insensitive filesystem because of the conflict between
"src/gnu/dist/CVS" and "src/gnu/dist/cvs".

"pkgsrc" has similar problems while "/usr/pkg" and "/var/db/pkg*" can
happily reside on a case insensitive filesystem. I solved that on my
Mac OS X system by NFS mounting "pkgsrc" from the NetBSD server.

	Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                                  http://scheler.de/~matthias/