Subject: Re: /opt/src/sys/lib/libsa/net.h:46:20: iodesc.h: No such file or directory
To: None <segv@netctl.net>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 01/22/2006 08:39:11
On Sun, Jan 22, 2006 at 02:24:07AM +0000, segv@netctl.net wrote:
> While compiling NetBSD-current for sparc64 I noticed the following error:
>
> In file included from /opt/src/sys/arch/sparc/stand/ofwboot/net.c:61:
> /opt/src/sys/lib/libsa/net.h:46:20: iodesc.h: No such file or directory
> nbmkdep: compile failed.
> *** [net.d] Error code 1
> 1 error

> nbmake: stopped in /opt/src/sys
> *** [dependall-sys] Error code 2
> --- dependall-rescue ---
>
> I was building 'release' via build.sh, however the above error did not cause
> the build to fail, i.e. the error seems to have been ignored.

If you'd waited long enough the build would have stopped, but it could
have been several thousand built targets later!

I fixed a load of stuff yesterday that makes parallel makes actually stop
in a timely fashion after an error.

> So the question: is this a harmless error which can be ignored?

A rebuild will show the same error...
I'll fix it as soon as I have a sparc64 build tools built.

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk