Subject: Re: NetBSD 3.0: Can't get Xorg to work with ATI Mobility X600
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
From: Juan RP <juan@xtrarom.org>
List: current-users
Date: 01/11/2006 16:31:20
On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 10:27:08 -0500
"Steven M. Bellovin" <smb@cs.columbia.edu> wrote:

> In message
> <cee681b00601110711o6053d08esdd96fbe7bd1eb2e3@mail.gmail.com>, Sam T
> ran writes:
> >Hi All,
> >
> >I installed NetBSD 3.0 on a LENOVO Thinkpad Z60M laptop with an ATI
> >Mobility X600 (128Mb).
> >
> >I can't get Xorg 6.8.2bn1 (compiled and installed Xorg meta from CVS)
> >to work. I tried the ATI and the RADEON driver. Every time I try to
> >start X it just dies with signal 11.
> >
> >I booted my laptop with a Linux Live CD using Xorg 6.8.2 and X
> >started (ATI driver) without any problem.
> >
> >Is my problem with NetBSD kernel related or there is something wrong
> >with my Xorg installation?
> >

> When you say "Xorg meta from CVS", do you mean the pkgsrc version of
> xorg?  That would tbe the first thing I'd try.

Maybe 6.8.2 does not support your video card. I'll update the packages
really soon, at this moment you can try to use my repository to test
the new packages:

* Install pkgsrc/devel/subversion-base
* svn co http://www.xtrarom.org/repos/xorg-monolithic
* cat README

I'm using xorg-6.9.0, and it works perfectly on my Radeon 9600 XT PRO.

Good luck.