Subject: Re: iop0: unable to retrieve HRT
To: NetBSD current-users <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Chris Tribo <ctribo@dtcc.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 01/09/2006 16:55:00
On Jan 6, 2006, at 12:41 PM, Patrick Welche wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 06, 2006 at 11:15:44AM -0500, Chris Tribo wrote:
>>
>> Is it really an IOP device or is it a PERC/MegaRaid controller that
>> we don't know about yet? In the later case you can set the PERC/
>> MegaRaid BIOS to present the disks as I2O instead of MegaRaid, Though
>> I didn't have any luck with this on a PERC 3/DC in a 2550, it would
>> show the raw disks on SCSI channel B and not the ld units.
>>
>> Can you post a dmesg?

Since I no longer have hardware to test with, I'd say at least one of
the following is possible:

- The controller is set to Mass Storage mode instead of I2O, and
isn't configuring the I2O port
- The amr driver/pci ids don't have a match for the PERC/CERC card in
your system, so I2O is attaching as a fallthrough but fails to work
because the controller hasn't actually set up I2O to avoid a double
attachment
- The I2O interface on Dell RAID controllers is non-standard
- The I2O driver is broken
- The RAID controller is disabled or the activation key/card is bad/
not seated

Can you get the pci and vendor IDs from the card and see if we don't
have a match in the pci device table and amr driver? Failing that,
plugging the service tag into the Dell support web site should tell
you what card is in the system from the original configuration link.