Subject: Re: options POWERNOW_K7 hard-reboots
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Wolfgang S. Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus200601@dailyplanet.dontspam.wsrcc.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/03/2006 18:14:28
Rhialto <rhialto@falu.nl> writes:
> I tried the -current option POWERNOW_K7 on my laptop, but it reset hard
> before even printing any text (that I could read, anyway). An identical
> kernel without the option booted ok (I tested it to single user mode).
> This is how my cpu is identified by a 3.0 kernel:

option POWERNOW_K7 causes my ancient PPRO-150 to drop into DDB during
the early stages of booting (right after printing the cpu0 lines.

Stopped in pid 0.1 (swapper) at netbsd:pnowk7_getstats+0x29: repe cmpsb (%esi),%es:(%edi)

Removing the option makes the cpu and kernel happy.

-wolfgang
Direct SIP URL Dialing: http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/phonedirectory.html