Subject: Cross-compile NetBSD-current with case-insensitive filesystem?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
List: current-users
Date: 01/02/2006 20:28:10
I'm trying to cross-compile current for my evbarm box on my MacOS
X 10.4 machine.  It came with HFS case-insensitive, and the last
time I tried to setup a machine with a case-sensitive filesystem,
it failed to boot (admittedly, that was under 10.3, and I suppose
I could test it again, but that takes a while to setup).

NetBSD-current fails to build the distribution on this filesystem (built
a kernel fine, though).  The problem I'm running into is a conflict between
_Exit.o (from _Exit.c) and _exit.o (from _exit.S).

Are we supposed to be able to cross-compile the world with a
case-insensitive filesystem?  If the answer is "no", I'll go away
(I have an external firewire drive I can use) ... I was just under
the impression that people had it working.

--Ken