Subject: Re: xmms crash
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?St=E9phane?= Witzmann <stephane.witzmann@gmail.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/02/2006 18:43:58
Daniel Bento wrote:

> Hello,
> I don't know why, but after some time of activity or inactivity, xmms
> crash and make a xmms.core I never debbug a core file, can you give me
> some tips? Or is a bug of xmms/NetBSD?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Daniel Bento

Hello

I'm using xmms-1.2.10nb5 on NetBSD 2.1.

When I run xmms, it says this:
xmms: /dev/radio open error: Device not configured
xmms in free(): warning: junk pointer, too high to make sense.

It always crashes on exiting, see:
Segmentation fault

You've probably found a bug in XMMS, please visit
http://bugs.xmms.org and fill out a bug report

That may not be related to your crash, but it looks like there is something
wrong in xmms (or on its port to NetBSD, since I have never seen this on
Linux) or in the libs it uses (I think I have seen aumix crashing this way
too, but I can't reproduce the problem right now).

Stéphane Witzmann