Subject: Re: current isn't building and I think it's /usr/src/sys/sys/endian.h
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
List: current-users
Date: 12/27/2005 11:46:32
On Mon, Dec 26, 2005 at 22:29:28 -0500, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> I think the most strictly correct thing is to use "__inline" for all
> include files mentioned in POSIX. However, maybe the #ifdef hack I
> mentioned to you in private mail would work. I'm not sure. I am
> somewhat inclined to back out to "__inline" for POSIX include files
> for now, but I want to think about it.

To quote gcc info:

     The alternate keywords `__asm__', `__extension__', `__inline__'
     and `__typeof__' continue to work despite `-ansi'.  You would not
     want to use them in an ISO C program, of course, but it is useful
     to put them in header files that might be included in compilations
     done with `-ansi'.

macro tricks with renaming inline are *not* correct, b/c "inline" is a
valid identifier in a c89 program.

Anything under /usr/include should go back to __inline__

SY, Uwe
http://snark.ptc.spbu.ru/~uwe/          |       Ist zu Grunde gehen