Subject: Re: Broken applications in recent -current
To: Paulo Alexandre Pinto Pires <p@ppires.org>
From: Marcin Jessa <lists@yazzy.org>
List: current-users
Date: 12/15/2005 09:53:27
On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 03:08:17 -0200
Paulo Alexandre Pinto Pires <p@ppires.org> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I have been having trouble with some applications in NetBSD/i386
> after I upgraded in 12/08 (before lwp merge), and also after
> upgrading it again today (12/13).  Affected applications include
> kmail (natively built) and firefox-linux 1.0.7 Flash player plug-in.

All I can say is my Kmail works fine. I installed NetBSD on my desktop
from scratch a couple of days ago with fresh KDE 3.5.
 [yazzy@yazzy:~]> pkg_info | grep kdepim
kdepim-3.5.0        Personal Information Management tools for the KDE
desktop

[yazzy@yazzy:~]> uname -a
NetBSD yazzy.yazzy.net 3.99.14 NetBSD 3.99.14 (YAZZY) #1: Tue Dec 13
20:11:58 CET 2005
root@yazzy.yazzy.net:/usr/obj/sys/arch/i386/compile/YAZZY i386

> I couldn't track down either problem farther than kmail, after
> starting and displaying its initial window, stops waiting for some
> mysterious thing in a sigsuspend14() call.

Maybe something not ritht in /tmp ?
/tmp/.ICE-unix not chown root:wheel ?