Subject: Broken applications in recent -current
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Paulo Alexandre Pinto Pires <p@ppires.org>
List: current-users
Date: 12/14/2005 03:08:17
--nextPart2761345.Ir5eIiZKgc

Hi.

I have been having trouble with some applications in NetBSD/i386 after I=20
upgraded in 12/08 (before lwp merge), and also after upgrading it again tod=
ay=20
(12/13).  Affected applications include kmail (natively built) and=20
firefox-linux 1.0.7 Flash player plug-in.

I couldn't track down either problem farther than kmail, after starting and=
=20
displaying its initial window, stops waiting for some mysterious thing in a=
=20
sigsuspend14() call.  Flash player is even more strange: it hangs and cause=
s=20
firefox to also stop responding, but as soon as successfully I kill the hun=
g=20
firefox (with SIGKILL), about one second of audio from the flash movie gets=
=20
played.

I thought it could be related to some library change, and rebuilt the entir=
e=20
KDE package, to no good.

Has anyone else seen this?  Any ongoing open PR?

P.S.: Some may notice I am using kmail right now, but it is from another=20
(not-yet-upgraded) machine.
=2D-=20
	Pappires

=2E.. Qui habet aurem audiat quid Spiritus dicat ecclesiis.