Subject: Re: NFS problem.
To: Matthias Scheler <>
From: Johnny Billquist <>
List: current-users
Date: 12/10/2005 00:24:41
Hmm, interesting, but weird.
I'll try.
But it's just writes that make it hang. Reads can go on all day without
Wasn't there a problem in the past with large UDP packets and NFS? Maybe
that's it. I think there is some parameter to play with for that.
I should check it out. Thanks for reminding me...

Matthias Scheler wrote:
> In article <>,
> 	Johnny Billquist <> writes:
>>When writing over NFS, the processes hang after a while.
> Is it perhaps talking to a much faster NFS server using UDP? My
> SPARCstation LX can easily unhappy when talking over a 10Mb/s interface
> to the 1000Mb/s NFS server via UDP. If I use NFS over TCP the problem
> goes away.
> 	Kind regards

                                   ||  on a psychedelic trip
email:           ||  Reading murder books