Subject: Re: dual-head on NetBSD
To: Timo Schoeler <>
From: Stefan 'Kaishakunin' Schumacher <>
List: current-users
Date: 12/04/2005 00:01:38

Also sprach Timo Schoeler (

> however, analogue signal quality is not of importance here, so any board
> which is supported by XFree86 or for dual-head operation would be
> okay.
> any hints appreciated :)

I had a Matrox g450 and g550 (DVI+VGA) running dualhead with the
Matrox X-module and X11 4.4. However, newer versions of X11 and Xorg
do not work with that module and I was not able to configure DH with
the builtin modules - despite the fact that they should work.=20

Currently I am running dualhead with an AGP and an G450-PCI card.=20

As soon as I enable DH on my G450 PCI card in xorgcfg or x86cfg, the
second g450 monitor produces black and white bars and application are
totally blurred.=20

PGP FPR: CF74 D5F2 4871 3E5C FFFE 0130 11F4 C41E B3FB AE33
Der Geist des Kriegers sollte mit Beginn des Neujahrstages bis zum Ende=20
des Jahres vom Gedanken an seinen Tod beherrscht werden.

Daijouji Shigesuke in "Budo Shoshin Shuu"

Version: GnuPG v1.4.2 (NetBSD)