Subject: Re: iwi WiFi interface firmware load on boot
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Martijn van Buul <pino@dohd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 12/03/2005 16:56:06
It occurred to me that Curt Sampson wrote in gmane.os.netbsd.current:
> On Sat, 3 Dec 2005, thilo wrote:
>
>> isn't it better to keep that setup in ifconfig.iwi ?
>
> Possibly. Does this work with dhclient? (I.e., will ifconfig.iwi load
> all the right stuff, and then dhclient will be able to use it?) I had
> assumed you do one or the other.

It'll work just fine; if you take a look at /etc/rc.d/dhclient, you'll
see that it REQUIREs 'network', which is PROVIDEd by /etc/rc.d/network (Who
is responsible for the ifconfig.iwi0 stuff. I use it to setup the desired
ssid and nwkey so that I'll end up being connected with *MY* access point,
instead of my neighbours ;)

--
    Martijn van Buul - pino@dohd.org - http://www.stack.nl/~martijnb/
	 Geek code: G--  - Visit OuterSpace: mud.stack.nl 3333