Subject: system hang -- iwi interface problem
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Sverre Froyen <sverre@viewmark.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/30/2005 09:12:27
Hi,

For the past week or so, I have been seeing system hangs during boot if I
allow the iwi interface to become active.  It usually happens while dhclient
is attempting get an IP address.  Before it hangs, I see a couple of

iwi0: link state changed to UP
iwi0: link state changed to DOWN

messages.  After it is hung, I cannot get into the kernel debugger with
Control-Alt-Escape and have resort to a power-off to recover.

Has anyone else seen this?  Looking through the recent source-changes I do not
see anything that should account for this.

System info:  Thinkpad T42; NetBSD 3.99.11 NetBSD 3.99.11 (ABBOR) #40: Sun Nov
27 06:34:15 MST 2005 (ABBOR is GENERIC_LAPTOP + ACPI + TMPFS)

Thanks,

Sverre