Subject: Re: openoffice2-bin has stopped working
To: Steven M. Bellovin <>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <>
List: current-users
Date: 11/29/2005 23:39:50
On Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 05:12:32PM -0500, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> On a kernel built with source from today (and one with 23 Nov source)
> openoffice2-bin no longer works.  When I fire it up I get this:
> $ soffice
> [1]   Killed                  "${sd_prog}/${sd...
> Any theories?  Acroread7 still works just fine.  Deleting and reinstallint
> the package didn't help.

Update your kernel

to revision 1.29. It should fix the 'Killed' part of your problem.
Regarding the hexa printing, that may be caused by rev. 1.28 problem -
if it would still happen when you update to rev. 1.29, I'll back
that change off too.

Jaromir Dolecek <>
-=- We can walk our road together if our goals are all the same;     -=-
-=- We can run alone and free if we pursue a different aim.          -=-