Subject: etcupdate fails for me in current.
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Johnny Billquist <johnny.billquist@softjar.se>
List: current-users
Date: 11/22/2005 23:27:17
Hi.
I recently (sunday) did a new build of -current, and it went though fine.

Basically, the machine is an Alpha, and I did:

./build.sh -x build kernel=xxx

in /usr/src

All went fine.
I moved the kernel to root, rebooted, and then I did

./build.sh -x install=/

also in /usr/src, which also worked just fine.
So far all was fine and dandy.

But, when I try to run etcupdate, it fails:

Bjarne:/usr/src# etcupdate
*** Creating /tmp/temproot
*** Populating /tmp/temproot from /usr/src/etc
install: MAKEDEV: stat: No such file or directory
Bjarne:/usr/src#

Anybody got a clue? It's always worked just fine before.

	Johnny

                                   ||  on a psychedelic trip

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.