Subject: Re: postinstall fixes failed: gid sendmail uid
To: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
From: Pavel Cahyna <pcah8322@artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>
List: current-users
Date: 11/20/2005 01:03:44
On Sat, Nov 19, 2005 at 01:05:37PM -0800, John Nemeth wrote:
>      Regardless of how it gets done, I'm thinking this problem should
> be fixed before release.

I am afraid it is too late and also the problem existed before. It would
be nice to have it fixed eventually.

In the meantime, could you please patch postinstall to output a more
meaningful error message from the "fix uid gid" operation to let the user
know that the failure is normal and they are suposed to do it by hand?

I also noticed that the postinstall's inability to fix missing
/etc/mail/submit.cf is caused probably by not installing misc.tgz. I
thought that anything except base.tgz, etc.tgz and the kernel is not
essential, but probably I was wrong.

Pavel Cahyna