Subject: postinstall fixes failed: gid sendmail uid
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Pavel Cahyna <pcah8322@artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>
List: current-users
Date: 11/19/2005 14:25:49
Hello,

I am doing a binary upgrade from 1.6_STABLE to 3.0_BETA. I first upgraded
the kernel, rebooted, extracted base.tgz to /. Now, I'm trying to run
/usr/sbin/postinstall. Most checks were OK, but those mentioned in the
subject didn't:

/usr/sbin/postinstall -s etc.tgz fix gid sendmail uid
Source directory: /tmp/_postinstall.6154.0/etc.tgz
 (extracted from: etc.tgz)
Target directory: /
gid fix:
        Missing groups [NOT FIXED]: smmsp _pflogd authpf
sendmail fix:
        /usr/libexec/sendmail/sendmail binary has wrong owner/mode [NOT FIXED]
        Version of /etc/mail/sendmail.cf is 9, should be 10 [NOT FIXED]
        /etc/mail/submit.cf is missing [NOT FIXED]
chown: smmsp: invalid group name
        Client queue /var/spool/clientmqueue has wrong owner/mode [NOT FIXED]
uid fix:
        Missing users [NOT FIXED]: smmsp _pflogd
postinstall fixes passed:
postinstall fixes failed: gid sendmail uid

Please, why does this happen?

Bye	pavel