Subject: Re: problem with tmpfs and linux emulation?
To: Michael van Elst <>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <>
List: current-users
Date: 11/13/2005 12:30:15
On Sun, Nov 13, 2005 at 11:26:20AM +0000, Michael van Elst wrote:
> Linux readdir() does neither of llseek or lstat64. If it did, then
> you should see the effects also in trivial programs like 'ls'.
> Does /emul/linux/bin/ls fail on tmpfs?

I don't think that's true.  I have trouble keeping track of which version
of glibc does what, but see for one
discussion of glibc readdir using lseek.

 Thor Lancelot Simon

"The inconsistency is startling, though admittedly, if consistency is to be
 abandoned or transcended, there is no problem."		- Noam Chomsky