Subject: checking out just a kernel...
To: None <>
From: Garrett D'Amore <>
List: current-users
Date: 11/09/2005 08:31:50
Is there a way to check out *just* a NetBSD kernel and the minimum
toolset required to build it?

I have a toolset already installed, but looks like it searches
usr.bin/make and also needs share/mk.

I'm wondering, has anyone else tried to find out the minimum set needed
to work on just the kernel?  (Updating, tagging, and such on the entire
netbsd over a WAN link is really painful.  And yes, I'm working from a
local copy of the tree.)

The web pages at least that refer to building just a kernel need to be
updated to include a reference to and any other bits that have
to been in the source tree to do just kernel builds.

    -- Garrett