Subject: Re: Getting repeatedly the same compile error with groff.
To: Lubomir Sedlacik <>
From: Marcin Jessa <>
List: current-users
Date: 11/08/2005 14:38:03
On Tue, 8 Nov 2005 14:15:48 +0100
Lubomir Sedlacik <> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 08, 2005 at 01:52:10PM +0100, Marcin Jessa wrote:
> > On Mon, 07 Nov 2005 20:33:17 -0500 Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> > > Don't assume. Try building with an emtpy mk.conf.
> >
> > Thanks, having a blank mk.conf fixed the problem however this must
> > me documented at I was
> > pretty close to just give up on NetBSD and abandon my NetBSD-based
> > projects after all those months of having problems with compiling of
> > the base system. And gaving to compile all the binaries I needed by
> > hand. All this becouse of this undocumented issue.  And I am a very
> > patient guy.  It also suprises me a simple thing like CPU flag could
> > break the build.
> it is not undocumented.  you are not supposed to abuse CFLAGS for CPU
> optimizations.  there is CPUFLAGS exactly for such a purpose.

I could not find it in either man 0 mk.conf or man 5 mk.conf nor on the
Documentation website or /usr/pkgsrc/mk/defaults/mk.conf
Sorry but I would not call your referance - documentation.
Anyway, I could not find any explenation of how to use the CPUFLAGS in
or src/sys/conf/

I assume it should be something like: CPUFLAGS=pentium4
Is that correct?
Thanks for the hint Lubomir.