Subject: Re: Getting repeatedly the same compile error with groff.
To: Christos Zoulas <>
From: Marcin Jessa <>
List: current-users
Date: 11/07/2005 23:21:46
On Mon, 7 Nov 2005 18:18:54 +0000 (UTC) (Christos Zoulas) wrote:

> In article <>,
> Marcin Jessa  <> wrote:
> >Hi guys.
> >
> >I really do not know why but I allways get this error running
> >./ -O /usr/obj -T /usr/tools distribution
> >on freshly installed boxes. It's been like that for many months.
> >This one was installed from CURRENT (3.9.7) iso and the sources are
> >updated to 3.9.11.
> >And yes, I created tools running ./ -O /usr/obj -T /usr/tools
> >tools
> You must have compiled groff in a way that it left junk in
> one of the source directories (like compiling without an objdir).

No, I am allways sure to use -O /usr/obj with exactly following
the docs.

> cd to the groff source and:
> find . -type l | xargs rm -f
> make cleandir

This sounds to me like something is wrong with the build scripts.
The same groff-related problem occurs not just on one i386 box I have
NetBSD on but on each of them. Either the docs are wrong or the script does something unexpectly wrong.
Thanks for the answer.